Belarus currently poses no direct military threat, says State Border Guard Service

Belarus currently poses no direct military threat, says State Border Guard Service

1 month ago

No Threat from Belarusian Forces, Ukraine’s Border Service Reports

Ukrainian border authorities have indicated that no Russian strike groups are currently forming in Belarus that would pose a threat to Ukraine. This statement was made by Andriy Demchenko, spokesperson for the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine, during a telemarathon, reports 24brussels.

Demchenko confirmed that the situation on the Ukrainian-Belarusian border remains stable, with no signs of formations capable of launching an offensive against Ukraine. “However, we do not lower our vigilance,” he added.

He highlighted that joint military exercises with Russia, named “West-2025,” are scheduled to take place in Belarus in September. Ukraine is closely monitoring preparations for these maneuvers, as the Belarus direction remains a potential threat despite the absence of active phases.

“We continue to reinforce our defensive positions along the border, including engineering fortifications and strengthening border controls. Should the active phase of the exercises commence, risks for Ukraine could increase,” Demchenko remarked.

The spokesperson also addressed developments in the Sumy region, where combat operations are ongoing, including counteroffensive actions by Ukrainian forces.

“Russian units are attempting to break through in the areas of Khotyn and Yunakivka using small assault groups. However, Ukrainian forces, both Border Guard and Armed Forces, are coordinating effectively to neutralize enemy infantry,” he emphasized.

Demchenko noted a recent decrease in the intensity of attacks in this sector, which may indicate enemy losses and a reduction in offensive capability.

Previously, reports suggested that Belarus might seek to distance its joint military exercises with Russia from the Ukrainian border to avoid provocations. The strategic military exercises “West-2025” are planned for September 2025, with an expected participation of around 100,000 troops, significantly exceeding the previously announced figure of 13,000.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Don't Miss

Ukrainian drone attack reportedly destroys Russian helicopters in Crimean airport

Ukrainian drone attack reportedly destroys Russian helicopters in Crimean airport

Ukrainian Forces Target Russian Helicopters in Crimea Strike On August 30, 2025,
Ursula von der Leyen reinforces EU support for Poland amid Russian aggression

Ursula von der Leyen reinforces EU support for Poland amid Russian aggression

European Commission president is on a tour of the so-called front-line states